The Lidar department of the Valeo R&D Center in Prague is developing the flagship among our sensors: the Valeo SCALA® lidar is the first and still the only mass-produced automotive laser sensor on the market. It can detect obstacles on the road up to a distance of 200 meters and classify them in all weather conditions. It is used by carmakers for their most advanced models such as the Mercedes S-Class, Audi A8 or Honda Legend. Up to 30% of new premium vehicles are to reach level 3 of autonomous driving by 2030, and to do so, they will have to be equipped with lidar technology. We develop hardware, software, optics, mechanical construction, execute system testing and industrialization of this product.
Software Engineer for LiDAR sensors for automated cars
Employment type: Full-time work
The Lidar department of the Valeo R&D Center in Prague is developing the flagship among our sensors: the Valeo SCALA® lidar. It is the first and still the only mass-produced automotive laser sensor on the market. It can detect obstacles on the road up to a distance of 200 meters and classify them in all weather conditions. We develop hardware, software, optics, mechanical construction, execute system testing and industrialization of this product.
We are looking for a Software Engineer, who will join our team. You will participate in development of laser for the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) for active safety and autonomous driving.
- Documentation of the requirements specification and related software design in UML language
- Implementation and maintenance of software (C / C++) in automotive grade quality
- Development and execution of software module tests for the related function
- Integration of internal and external software components into the overall software system
- Development of related tools for development, test and validation
- Performance of specification, software design and peer code reviews on regular basis
LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU...
- PhD or MS in Computer science, Mathematics, Electrical engineering or equivalent
- Skilled experience with programming language C++
- Embedded programming experience (MISRA conform)
- Experience with signal or image processing, computer vision, 3D imaging, mapping
- Knowledge of SPICE, V-Model development process, ISO 26262
- Ideally general understanding of point cloud processing and work of a laser scanner
- 6 weeks of vacation per year
- flexible working hours and home office possibility
- variable remuneration - monthly and semester bonuses depending on team and company results
- contribution to the pension insurance after the probation period, 5% from the gross salary
- meal vouchers and free time vouchers on Flexi Pass card
- possibility of Multisport card
- fitness room and external sports ground (football, basketball, volleyball) on site
- mobility support for commuting, accommodation and moving services if you live over 20km away
- company canteen offering a selection of international cuisine
- easy access to work by Prague metro line A, car parking for all employees
- personal development program through technical trainings and language courses
- regular company teambuilding events
- outdoor relax zone with a barbecue space for teambuilding
- discounted prices of car spare parts and accessories
- possibility to see the whole development process in one place from an idea (customer requirement) to a product testing and manufacturing
In case you are interested in this job offer, please send us your CV through the APPLY button below.
ContactVALEO ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA