We are an automotive supplier, a partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technological company, we design innovative products and systems that contribute to reduction of CO2 emissions and to development of automated driving. In our Research and Development center in Prague we employ seven hundred engineers. They are those who stand behind the latest systems of active safety (ADAS) and autonomous driving. What does it mean? Software, hardware engineers, together with mechanical designers, test and system engineers develop sensors and systems for safe and comfortable driving. Automated parking systems, automated emergency braking, blind spot detection and road sign recognition are just a few examples.
Reference System Engineer - Work with LiDAR
Employment type: Full-time work
Valeo is a leading supplier of components and systems for the world's automakers. In our R&D (Research & Development) Center in Prague we develop Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) for intelligent cars.
We are looking for a Reference System Engineer, who will be responsible for development and testing of reference systems required to validate autonomous functions for the smart cars.
- Support the current generation of reference systems (LiDAR, dGNSS, etc) including physical hardware installation, software configuration, calibration and maintenance.
- Translate project requirements and deliver the solution through collaboration with developers of data recording, annotation and simulation tools
- Provide regular reporting on progress and risks to internal\external customers
- Implement tooling efficiencies for cost saving
- Generate architecture documents, carry out design reviews and provide timing plans with milestones
- Collaboration with teams on the other Valeo sites worldwide
LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU...
- At least a Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Physics, Electronics, Measurement, Cybernetics or equivalent discipline
- Mathematical competency in 3D transformations and statistics
- Hardware integration experience
- Fluency in (technical) English language (most of the daily communication is in English)
- Personal responsibility and proactive approach to problems
- Ability to travel to other Valeo and customer sites
- A valid driver’s license
- Highly beneficial but not essential would be:
- Knowledge of Simultaneous Localisation And Mapping (SLAM)
- Experience with Camera, LiDAR, dGNSS, INS
- Basic experience with Python or similar coding/scripting languages
- Experience in automotive development is an advantage
- 6 weeks of vacation per year
- flexible working hours and home office possibility
- variable remuneration - monthly and semester bonuses depending on team and company results
- contribution to the pension insurance after the probation period, 5% from the gross salary
- meal vouchers and free time vouchers on Flexi Pass card
- possibility of Multisport card
- fitness room and external sports ground (football, basketball, volleyball) on site
- mobility support for commuting, accommodation and moving services if you live over 20km away
- company canteen offering a selection of international cuisine
- easy access to work by Prague metro line A, car parking for all employees
- personal development program through technical trainings and language courses
- regular company teambuilding events
- outdoor relax zone with a barbecue space for teambuilding
- discounted prices of car spare parts and accessories
- possibility to see the whole development process in one place from an idea (customer requirement) to a product testing and manufacturing
In case you are interested in this job offer, please send us your CV through the APPLY button below.
ContactVALEO ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA