We are an automotive supplier, a partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technological company, we design innovative products and systems that contribute to reduction of CO2 emissions and to development of automated driving. In our Research and Development center in Prague we employ seven hundred engineers. They are those who stand behind the latest systems of active safety (ADAS) and autonomous driving. What does it mean? Software, hardware engineers, together with mechanical designers, test and system engineers develop sensors and systems for safe and comfortable driving. Automated parking systems, automated emergency braking, blind spot detection and road sign recognition are just a few examples.
Reference System Engineer
Employment type: Full-time work
Valeo is a leading supplier of components and systems for the world's automakers. In our R&D (Research & Development) Center in Prague we develop Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) for intelligent cars.
We are looking for Reference System Engineer, who will be responsible for the development and testing of reference systems required to validate Valeo functions.
- Support the current generation of reference systems (LiDAR, dGNSS, etc) including physical hardware installation, software configuration, calibration and maintenance
- Translate project requirements using Rational DOORS and deliver the solution through collaboration with developers of data recording, annotation and simulation tools
- Provide regular reporting on progress and risks to internal\external customers
- Implement tooling efficiencies for cost saving
- Generate architecture documents, carry out design reviews and provide timing plans with milestones
- Collaboration with teams on other Valeo sites worldwide
LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU...
- At least Bachelor’s degree (BSc) in Physics, Electronics, or equivalent discipline
- Mathematical competency in 3D transformations and statistics
- Hardware integration experience
- Fluency in (technical) English language (most of the daily communication is in English)
- Personal responsibility and proactive approach to problems
- Ability to travel to other Valeo and customer sites (worldwide, 4-8 weeks in a year)
- A valid drivers license
Highly beneficial but not essential would be:
- Knowledge of Simultaneous Localisation And Mapping (SLAM)
- Experience with Camera, LiDAR, dGNSS, INS
- Basic experience with Python or similar coding\scripting languages
- Experience in automotive development is an advantage
- 6 weeks of vacation plus other paid or non-paid days off
- flexible working hours and home office possibility
- variable bonuses - monthly and semi-annual, a bonus for an innovative idea, a bonus for a life or working anniversary, a bonus for recommendation of a new colleague (up to 40 000 CZK),
- contribution to the pension insurance after the probation period (5% from gross salary, max. 4166 CZK), * meal and free time vouchers
- personal development through special trainings and language courses
- mobility support (relocation or commuting benefits)
- company canteen with large selection
- easy access to work by public transport (metro line A, buses, trams) and a car parking for all employees
- fitness room and relax zones, an external sports ground (football, basketball…) and a barbecue gazebo within the compound
- company’s social events, free tickets for IQ Landia,a technical club for employees’ children, a board games rental.
In case you are interested in this job offer, please send us your CV through the APPLY button below.
ContactVALEO ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA