We are an automotive supplier, a partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technological company, we propose innovative products and systems that contribute to reduction of CO2 emissions and to development of automated driving.
Since 2002 we have been developing thermal systems in our R&D Center in Prague. Currently we are working on high-voltage components for electric vehicles' thermal management. Our team of mechanical, test and system engineers works closely with our development center in La Verrière, France. We manage our own projects and are pioneers in the electric mobility market due to our innovative products.
MECHANICAL DESIGN LEAD - RAKOVNIK
Employment type: Full-time work
Ready to tackle the challenges of the vehicle of the future? Join Valeo and revolutionize the comfort and well-being of all passengers!
We are looking for a Senior Mechatronics Designer, who will lead a part of our Mechanical design team in the R&D Center Prague.
- Technical leadership of new projects
- Ensurance of mechanical development with respect to Valeo standards
- Development of Standards and Processes
- Compliance with customer demands (usage of interactive questionnaire), international design rules procedures, VALEO standards and design rules in CATIA
- Strict adherence to the procedure for validation of new design solution before its application
- Observance of VPS criterias in mechanical design - design for manufacturing and design for assembly mindset.
- Leading of Design (RAISE) review - justification of the mechanical concept (design choice matrix, calculation list, ..)
- Guidance of DFMEA
- Validation of mechanical concepts, 2D drawings and tolerance stack up calculations
- Strict following of change management
- Definition of resources for justification of mechanical development
- Management of subcontractors and internal CAD designer resources, prototypes and mechanical validation (within the project)
LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU...
- University education in a technical field
- Experience in a similar position with leading technical projects
- Knowledge of Catia V5 design software
- Good command of English to communicate within a multinational team
- Innovative way of thinking and team spirit
- Work in a stable international company in a multinational team on challenging projects with huge impact on the whole automotive industry
- Automotive environment with cutting-edge technologies
- Cooperation with Valeo development sites worldwide
- Possibility to see the whole development process in one place from an idea (customer requirement) to a product testing and manufacture
- Personal development through special trainings and language courses
- Competitive package of benefits including 6 weeks of vacation plus other paid or non-paid days off, flexible working hours and home office possibility, variable bonuses - monthly and semi-annual, a bonus for an innovative idea, a bonus for a life or working anniversary, a bonus for recommendation of a new colleague up to 20 000 CZK, contribution to the pension insurance after the probation period (5% from gross salary, max. 4166 CZK), company canteen, contribution to commuting for the first 6 months (up to 6500 CZK / month), contribution to accommodation for the first 4 months (up to 6500 CZK / month), contribution to moving (up to 15000 CZK)
Thanks to its strategy focused on innovation, Valeo is at the heart of three revolutions which are disrupting the automotive sector: electrification, autonomous and connected cars and digital mobility.
These are revolutions that Valeo has been able to anticipate and which provide amazing career opportunities today, including internationally!
At Valeo, innovation is driven by diversity, authenticity and energy of its talent. Are you looking for new technological and human adventures? Join Valeo and its 111,600 employees across 33 countries!
More information on Valeo: https://www.valeo.com
my name is Ondrej Vojtasik and my mission is to build a new R&D team which will work on a climate system for an electrical car which is future in the automotive world. If you are a specialist in electrical, mechanical, validation, system, quality or project management area, I believe I can offer you interesting life challenges for your career. Become a part of the R&D project which I'm starting to build from scratch here in Prague. Find more about me at LinkedIn.
In case you are interested in this job offer, please send us your CV through the APPLY button below.