We are an automotive supplier, a partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technological company, we design innovative products and systems that contribute to reduction of CO2 emissions and to development of automated driving. In our Research and Development center in Prague we employ seven hundred engineers. They are those who stand behind the latest systems of active safety (ADAS) and autonomous driving. What does it mean? Software, hardware engineers, together with mechanical designers, test and system engineers develop sensors and systems for safe and comfortable driving. Automated parking systems, automated emergency braking, blind spot detection and road sign recognition are just a few examples.
R&D Operations Manager - Automotive
Employment type: Full-time work
Ready to tackle the challenges of the vehicle of the future? Join us and take part in the autonomous and connected car revolution at Valeo!
For our Rain / Light Sensors team we are looking for an experienced Operations Manager who would be the global lead of the Rain/Light sensor products development along with his team. The team develops the complete product - system, hardware and mechanical design through software and testing.
- Develop a highly innovative product according to customer requirements which covers customer expectations and brings additional added value
- Customize platform products according to customer requirements
- Cooperate with Business Development, Finance and Purchasing *Define and update the product platform according to market needs
- Lead the global operation teams (Technical managers, software, system, mechanical design and hardware teams) in order to achieve the operation key indicators
- Ensure that all deliverable customer projects are defined and reached in time, within a budget and quality
- Ensure support for platform projects in case of extension or modification of the Platform standard.
- Ensure local and global resource footprints are in line with a project demands, know-how, budget parameters and current workload
- Cooperate on warranty activities along with Quality management
- Manage multicultural team with global footprint
- Represent your organizational unit on the management meetings in Germany or within the global footprint and potentially with the customers too If required by overall site activities.
- Ensure recruitment, appraisals, mentoring, staff coaching, definition of training, support and organization the trainings.
LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU...
- Master degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronics or equivalent (Electronics/Software/System Engineering background)
- Experience in Automotive development for 5-10 years
- Experience with managing cross functional teams is desirable
- Fluent in English, ideally also in German
- Result-orientation, budget management
Highly beneficial would be:
- Experience in the Project management, R&D Management and/or mass product market launch
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 26262, ISO 15504 *Automotive SPICE / APQP
- Work in a stable international company in a multinational team on challenging projects with huge impact on the whole automotive industry
- Automotive environment with cutting-edge technologies
- Cooperation with Valeo development sites worldwide
- Possibility to see the whole development process in one place from an idea (customer requirement) to a product testing and manufacture
- Personal development through special trainings and language courses
- Competitive package of benefits including 6 weeks of vacation plus other paid or non-paid days off, flexible working hours and home office possibility, variable bonuses - monthly and semi-annual, a bonus for an innovative idea, a bonus for a life or working anniversary, a bonus for recommendation of a new colleague up to 40 000 CZK, contribution to the pension insurance after the probation period (5% from gross salary, max. 4166 CZK), meal and free time vouchers, mobility support, company canteen, easy access to work by Prague public transportation and company car park, a fitness room and relax zones, sports ground (football, basketball…) and barbecue gazebo, company’s events, free tickets for IQ Landia and others.
In case you are interested in this job offer, please send us your CV through the APPLY button below.
ContactVALEO ČESKÁ REPUBLIKA